If you’re new to cycling, arrive early and ask the front desk or instructing staff for assistance. They will record your settings and add them to your profile! Ensure that adjustment knobs (seat height, seat fore-and-aft, and handlebar) are properly secured and do not interfere with range of motion during exercise.
- Children under 4`11” should not ride on a Zenergy bike. The bike mechanism and ergonomics are designed for riders above 4’11”.
- Do not insert any object, hands or feet into any openings, or expose hands, arms or feet to the drive mechanism or other potentially moving part of the bike.
- The maximum weight for individuals riding the Zenergy bike should not exceed 350pounds (159kilograms).
- The Zenergy bike has a weighted flywheel and a fixed gear. This means that in order to stop, you must gradually slow your pedal strokes rather than stopping abruptly. If you do need to stop immediately, push down on the resistance knob. Do not dismount the bike or remove your feet from the pedals until both the pedals and the flywheel have stopped completely. Failure to comply may lead to loss of control and serious injury.
- After exercising, turn the resistance knob to increased resistance so that the pedals will not rotate freely and potentially injure someone.
- If at any time you feel dizzy or have difficulty breathing, gradually stop pedaling and carefully dismount the bike.
- Listen to your body, ride at your own pace, and set your bike’s resistance at the level that feels right for you.
- Never turn the pedal crank arms by hand.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout your ride as needed.
- Always keep some resistance on the flywheel.
- Stay in control by executing all core movements and hand positions at a slow pace before attempting to increase your speed. Do not attempt to ride the Zenergy bike in a standing position at a high RPM until you have practiced at slower speeds.
- Focus on form, posture, and making smooth transitions between movements.
- Do not use the Zenergy bike without proper footwear. Never operate the bike with bare feet. The pedals are compatible with Look Delta and SPD clips.
- Never remove your feet from the pedals while still in motion. If your foot does become disengaged, quickly move your feet to the side and push down on the resistance knob to stop the flywheel’s motion.
- Keep at least 10” on either side of the Zenergy bike clear.